making a list

I decided to start cleaning up our library space today. This room, formerly the dining room, has been the catch-all place for about a year. Besides the books, which are supposed to go there, piles of random junk sit in the middle of the floor.

While sorting through a box of papers, the contents of which were assembled in 2001, I stumbled upon an old notepad. The notes scribble on each page contained what I did on any given day that year. From household chores to writing tasks, they were all there.

It was amazing to think that I used to accomplish so much in a day. As I paged through each list, I had an "Ah ha!" moment. I used to list everything I wanted to get done in a day, and then I actually did what was on that list! With the date duly noted and each task itemized, I didn't feel overwhelmed by possibility, I felt empowered by probability.

So I'm starting to make lists in my little notebook again. Let's see what's next...

0 comments: